Glass Dildo Review
If you’ve never used a glass dildo before, after reading this article, I have a feeling you’ll be getting yourself a new toy.
Today, I want to specifically talk about the Icicles No. 55 Glass dildo.
and it’s really, really bumpy.
Why would you want to choose a glass dildo when you can choose from a plethora of silicone realistic dildos on the market?
Well let’s see. I personally like using dildos that look like dicks, but I’m not everyone. Lots of people don’t like dicks or don’t want their sex toy to look like a dick. That’s cool.
Glass can be better than silicone in many ways:
- temperature play is one huge reason why people love glass. You can cool the dildo off in an ice box, or warm it up under a hot tap. The heat (or cold) is retained for quite some time and many people love doing this with their glass dildos.
- Needs the smallest amount of lube and the lube doesn’t disappear. You can choose silicone or water based lubrication with glass dildos and you don’t have to re-apply every few minutes.
- There is no chance of your dildo melting when it comes into contact with other sex toys. Nothing will react with the glass.
- Can be 100% sterilized. Silicone can also be sterilized but think about this: there is a market for used glass dildos. Yes, you can actually buy dildos from strangers that have used them on themselves. Many people do this and are completely fine with it. Why? Because a sterile glass dildo is just like new. As much as I know that you can sterilize a silicone dildo, I wouldn’t ever buy a used one from craigslist.
- The colors and shapes of these dildos are simply gorgeous! You might even want to display them in your bedroom because they are so beautiful.
Does Glass have any Cons?
I suppose that there are a few things that make silicone better than glass. Number one being that you don’t have to worry if you drop your silicone dildo. It won’t shatter into a million pieces. I have never personally seen a glass dildo break, but it is technically possible. Since the dildos are made from borosilicate glass, like pyrex, if you did happen to drop it on the tile floor and it did break, it’s going to shatter into a million small, non-sharp pieces. If you’ve ever broken a piece of corningware (the glass baking pans), that’s how glass dildos break.
Another feature about glass is that it takes on heat easily. I already mentioned using glass for temperature play but just know that if you’re just pulling out your glass dildo from the drawer and are planning on using it straight away, it’s going to be cold! Unless you like that cold shock (I do not), then warm it up in your hands for a minute or two before inserting it.
Icicles No. 55 Glass Dildo
I fell in love with this dildo the moment I set eyes upon it. The pink it truly beautiful to behold.
It is 7 inches long from end to end and 1.25 inches across.
One of the reasons why I like this particular glass dildo so much is because you can choose which end you’d like to insert. Both ends are curved perfectly to hit your G-spot after insertion, but you get the choice of which texture you want rubbing you. You can choose bumps or ribs.
As are most glass dildos, the bumps and ribbing on the Icicles 55 are fairly dramatic. Because the glass is so perfect and smoothly molded, however, you don’t ever feel uncomfortable with these dramatic textures. Myself, I prefer the bumps on the Icicles 55 because it feels like random fingers thrumming on my g-spot as it moves in and out. I find that there is maximum stimulation on this side. Whoever is holding the dildo has a perfect grip with the bumps or ridges on the other side too!
Adam & Eve also recommends this dildo for prostate stimulation. I don’t think I would recommend it for anal play because of the lack of flared base.
All in all, I’m thrilled with my Icicles No. 55. It’s curved perfectly, the bumps feels great, and it’s beautiful to look at. 10/10!
You can pick up Icicles No. 55 at Adam & Eve, the world’s most trusted online sex store with over 100,000 visits per day!